Monday, February 7, 2011

Wine

Sometimes, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a drinker.
When I see an old memory of you
Hear the old words whispered between us
Feel the old caresses of love shared
I blink.
The tears form in my eyes
And I take a drink
Of cranberry juice
Yet I pretend it's wine.
The thought hides in my mind
And my day goes on.


I really don't have a comment for this one. It's...true. Only, I'm fine again...just like the song. Maybe I'll try to think up something more CHEERFUL to post next time? (:

2 comments:

Phat Love said...

I thought that poem was awesome! Your a great poet and i enjoy readinhg your works! Keep posting, no matter how cheerful, poems with deeper meaning are always the sad, depressive poems. It's better to write a sorrowful poem then to let it stay with you forever.

Just letting it out on paper is always the safer option, at least, thats what i do when i have emotions bottled up inside myself...

Keep posting, i enjoy reading the new blogs (:

SabrinaRK said...

I agree, whether it's cheerful or not, at least you're getting it out... and thanks! (: