Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is this a night to remember?

night

darkness, a black cat wrapped around a dreamer
who dreams purple dusk into the bed of a stranger
as she restlessly shifts position, unsettled
black velvet draperies conceal motion
the swift whoosh and creak of opening shutters
letting in a breeze to disperse spectral vapours
i can taste the wind; this night has a flavor
like licorice whips, dark red wine and surrender
purring like a cat in a diamond/onyx collar

with thanks to defunkitated vampires for inspiration.

2 comments:

Phat Love said...

cool poem (: i liked the wording of all the words. It was awesome! I have written many poems while i was tired but couldn't sleep. I know the emotions in this poem were probably pretty intense. I really liked this one (:

SabrinaRK said...

I write my best, from-the-heart poetry when I'm overtired. Ha. Go figure!